Just a few weeks before our wedding my cousin and his wife had a little baby girl. With all the wedding chaos I was way behind with a gift but just last night I managed to finish this cute, cute little outfit. I hope the little lady likes it.

 

 

 
 
 

 

The floral fabric was originally destined for a Lonsdale dress but I had to accept the fact that it really isn't my colour. When I saw the dark hair on my little cousin I knew that this fabric would be perfect for her. I made her a little jacket for use this winter and a slightly larger pair of cotton overalls which should be the perfect size when summer comes around.

 

 

I made a jacket out of my stash of super soft minky dot fleece used on other baby gifts like this jacket made last year. The pattern calls for a button and loop but I went with ribbon ties instead.

 

 

 

The town my cousin lives in can get really hot in summer (lots of days of 40 degrees C). I think these light and soft cotton overalls will be perfect on a hot day.

 

I love the ruffles, they just take the overalls from boring to fancy. The pattern came together easily and I had fun hammering in the snaps on the inside leg. I'm certainly not a pro on the efficiency of baby clothes but I think that the fact that they open completely at the bottom with snaps and the top with ties will make them easy to get on and off a baby.

 

 

 

I would rate this pattern (Burda 9650) highly. There are some other pieces like a hat and a dress that look like fun to make too. There are certainly lots of babies arriving these days so this pattern will get a work out. I think it can be modified easily for the boys as well.

 

Hopefully I can get a photo of these garments on the little one to see how they fit in real life.

 

It's a long weekend in Melbourne. Perfect for getting underway with my dress for the wiggle dress dance off....

 


Leave a Reply

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rediscovering sewing after nearly 10 years without touching a sewing machine. I am now sewing up a storm and have started to learn patternmaking and drafting.
Powered by Blogger.